Thursday, March 28, 2013

SITS Day!

Hi! I am thrilled to be the SITS Girls' featured blogger today! I absolutely love the friendships that I've cultivated through SITS (you know who you are!). If you are a blogger and haven't checked out this extraordinary community, you really should! You won't be disappointed!

A special welcome to any SITS-tahs who are in the house! Please let me know you've dropped by! I'd love to link up and  stay in touch with you through Facebook, Twitter, and/or Pinterest

I started Jo, My Gosh! last August as a way to catalog and cope with my fiance's year-long deployment to Afghanistan. (Today's Deployment Day 296! And we're still going strong!) 

Since so many people have the same reaction when they find out that John is currently serving a tour in Afghanistan--"We're still over there? I thought everyone was coming home!"-- I think it's important to write about what deployment is like for us. And--I'm not going to sugar-coat it-- it can be frustrating, frightening, and tiring.

But this blog isn't just about the military or just about deployment. And it's not just about the negative stuff that has happened this year. There have been a many wonderful things that have transpired, too!

Here's what you can expect from Jo, My Gosh! I share the care packages that I send to John (and my college-going sister, Becky). You can regularly find posts about recipes and crafts that I've tried and loved. I also frequently document my quest to complete a list of 100 goals and activities in 365 days. (Learning how to blow glass and make sushi is still on the list... but plans to do both are in the works!) As a side note, if you have your own bucket list (or whatever you happen to call it), be sure to link up with my Carpe Diem Directory!  With a wedding that's coming up in just 106 days (but who's counting?) I'm excited to post more wedding ideas, tips, and DIY adventures, too! 

Life is what you make it-- and I'm trying to make it amazing and memorable! Browse around, get comfy, and join me for the ride!
post signature