Monday, March 25, 2013

#26 Eats It!

It's been a bit of time since I last posted about a checked off item on my 100 in 365 list. I've crossed off quite a few-- books, mostly. I went to a bridal show (more about that later), and I ran an 8k. 

Yes. 

I ran an 8k. Let me put some more emphasis on that. I  ran an 8k. You might remember that my friend Ashley and I walked the Baltimore Half-Marathon in October when I was able to cross off #24 from my list.  (There's some photographic evidence to the right if you need it! Look at how short my hair was in October!) 

Afterwards, we both realized that we liked it so much, we wanted to try to actually run it.  We didn't think we had enough time to train for a full-fledged half-marathon since both of our guys were coming home for R&R at different times over the winter. But an 8k? That sounded do-able! 

I have to confess, my "training" for the run wasn't very disciplined. I let myself make excuses way too often because I was just being lazy or grumpy or sad. Or all three. 

When I finished, my time wasn't at all what I'd ever want it to be. There were fourth graders who were passing us like it was their job. It started raining the minute we finished-- by the time we got to the car we were drenched and shivering-- and I hobbled around like an old lady for the next day-and-a-half. 

But. 

I ran an 8k. I didn't give up. It's the furthest I've ever run consecutively, without stopping or wussing out in my entire life. And that is pretty exciting.
post signature

13 comments:

  1. WAY to GO JO! Great job and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! An 8K is def something to be proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I am maybe a little too proud of it! :-)

      Delete
  3. That's awesome!!! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! I've never ran that far in my life lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! That is an amazing accomplishment, keep up the good work!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Definitely something you should be proud of!! Well on your way to that 1/2 marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you!!!! I'm running my first 5K in June to check it off my 2013 goals list, and who knows, maybe I'll like it too. Also. Baltimore. You're actually pretty close to me (Philadelphia) - it's always nice to know that there are bloggers decently nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo