Yes. I hate the word "patty." It's such a weird word, and, since I'm a country girl at heart, it doesn't help that whenever I hear it, it makes me think of cow patties. However, I do love me some York Peppermint Patties and Saint Patty's Day ain't bad either.
Here's a (very easy) recipe that I experimented with as I was getting a Saint Patrick's Day box together for John. The candies melt into the batter during baking, which gives the brownies a really light minty taste-- it's not overpowering in the slightest. Whip it up for something to nosh on tomorrow!
- 1 box of brownie mix (and the ingredients needed to make it)
- 10 York Peppermint Patties, smashed or broken into smaller pieces
- 8x8 baking pan
- Preheat your oven to the temperature outlined on your brownie mix box for an 8x8 pan.
- Mix together the ingredients needed to make brownie batter and spread half of the brownie batter in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Drop York Peppermint Patty pieces in an even layer across the brownie batter. Spread the rest of the batter so that you cover the candies.
- Bake for 55 minutes. (Note: The brownies will be exceptionally fudgy since the candies will melt into the batter. No worries-- the brownies are done, they're just very moist!)
Are you feeling lucky? Enter our Freakin' Awesome March Giveaway and get an extra boost from the Irish this month!