This week, I'm doing something I've never done before! Woo! From April 22nd to April 26th, Julie of Natural and Free and I are hosting a Spring Fling via a great little link-up party! Link up anything spring-- recipes, crafts, gardening, spring pictures... If it's spring-related, we want it (just no giveaways or other link-up parties, please)!
This week, I'm going to be posting a lemon-flavored recipe a day. I don't know about you, but nothing says "Spring" like lemon! On Monday, I shared a recipe for to-die-for Lemon Creme Oatmeal Bars. Yesterday, wrote about Lemon Pepper Roasted Walnuts. Today, a sweet and savory recipe!
On April 27th, we will each feature our top three favorites! There is no limit to how many posts you can link-up, so feel free to bring on the Spring fever with your amazing posts! We can't wait to check them out!
Please note, this is not my original recipe. I found it on MyRecipes.com and it originated in Cooking Light. The edits are mine. Each cookie is just 55 calories (which is awwwwwesommmmmmme). I sent these to John as a breakfast option, but you can also eat them as a snack or even with a bowl of chili. Yeah, they're that versatile!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add egg and grated lemon and beat. Add flour mixture to butter mixture by increments until blended.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons batter 2 inches apart cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned and almost firm (I found that this took about 10 minutes. 12 minutes turned them into brown disks.).