This week, I'm doing something I've never done before! Woo! From April 22nd to April 26th, Julie of Natural and Free and I are hosting a Spring Fling via a great little link-up party! Link up anything spring-- recipes, crafts, gardening, spring pictures... If it's spring-related, we want it (just no giveaways or other link-up parties, please)!
On April 27th, we will each feature our top three favorites! There is no limit to how many posts you can link-up, so feel free to bring on the Spring fever with your amazing posts! We can't wait to check them out!
This week, I'm going to be posting a lemon-flavored recipe a day. I don't know about you, but nothing says "Spring" like lemon! I'm starting with my absolute favorite: Lemon Creme Oatmeal Bars.
I took these little babies to school at the beginning of the year and was asked by multiple people for the recipe. The thing is, it's really an easy recipe, with a delicious result. (And it makes you look like a baking genius!)
I found this recipe on Just Call Me Maria. It's not my recipe, however, I'm posting it here with my edits. If you want a completely from-scratch recipe, mosey on over to her blog. I am not posting it here simply because I didn't try it out.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl cut butter into the cookie mix.
- Stir in the egg until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of an 8 x 8 greased pan and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until thick and combined.
- Spread lemon mixture over baked crust and evenly crumble remaining dough on the top.
- Bake another 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and refrigerate until set. Store in the refrigerator.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a badge, get linking, and tell your friends! The more the merrier!