Thursday, May 9, 2013

#52: Part One

I love cross stitching. But I'm exceptionally fussy. I almost exclusively stitch Mill Hill kits. They are stylish and interesting-- not the 1980's block lettering samplers that make me shudder!

I've found it very difficult to find the time to cross stitch items for myself. Every time I go shopping, I always find myself picking up designs that I want to make and give to people I love.  My goal, this year, was to stitch at least two wall hangings for decorating our house. 

I started stitching this one with every intention to keep it for us. The color palette fit the colors I am hoping to use in our first apartment. I love the message and the beading accents. It took me about half a year to finish because halfway through finishing it up, I undertook my massive Christmas ornament project. (Did you miss it? Check all of the ornaments I cross stitched here.) 

This year, Maryland became a marriage equality state, so two of my friends were able to marry. The fight between opponents and proponents of marriage equality is contentious all over our country, so when I thought of a gift for them, I knew I wanted to give them this cross stitch wishing them peace.

Even though it's in their house... I'm still going to count it towards #52 in my 100 in 365. All's fair in love and cross stitch, right?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo