Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stacey's Patriotic Trifle Bowl


This week, we're having a red, white, and blue spangled celebration! I'm feeling particularly joyful and rah-rah-go-America since John will be home soon. But, because he'll be home soon, I've got tons of things that need to be done-- including quite a few trips across four states over the next two weeks. 

Of course, I didn't want to leave my wonderful readers and friends high and dry  I've got some amazing bloggers for you to meet! They're all awesome at what they do-- whether it's crafting, baking, cooking, creating-- and I'm positive you're going to love them!

Check out all of the Made in America Week posts here.



Hi, everybody! {waving}

Let me introduce myself!

I'm Stacey and I blog over at Glued To My Crafts. I'm an Air Force wife & mother to a two year boy. We currently live in Wyoming. I'm so happy to be guest posting here today. While Jo is heading towards the end of a deployment (YAY!) I'm entering the beginning of one. So when you visit my blog you might see stories of military life & deployment woes. But I like to keep it positive with crafty things, yummy foods and reviews. I hope you come check it out! But not until you check out the recipe I'm sharing today. Ready to drool?

When Jo asked me to share a post today, I automatically envisioned a Trifle Bowl. By far, it's my favorite dessert to make AND eat.


But I admit it, the original recipe didn't start as a "Patriotic" themed recipe. But after looking at it, it surely fit the role. It's got red, white & blue colors going on and YES, it's DELICIOUS! It's perfect for any summer gathering. You will be sure to "wow" your guests.

Ready to hear the recipe? Let's grab our ingredients.

Patriotic Trifle Bowl

You'll Need: 

  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 1 8 ounce container sour cream
  • 1 package 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange peel
  • 2 cups heavy whipped cream, whipped
  • 8 cups cubed angel food cake (or pound cake)
  • 2 packages of fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 2 packages of fresh blueberries


Directions: 

1. Whip your whipping cream until light & fluffy. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat your milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in your prepared whipped cream.


3. Now you will want to make layers of cake, pudding mix & fruit-until you fill your trifle up completely.

4. Chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!



What do you think? Looks delicious, right? 
And you don't necessarily have to use vanilla pudding for this recipe. You can easily substitute with any flavor of pudding you like or substitute the fruit as you like. I'm sure it will still taste delicious no matter what you decide to throw in with the pudding mixture.

A big thank you to Jo for letting me stop by today. I hope you all enjoyed the recipe I shared today.

For other crafty ideas come check out my blog Glued To My Crafts. You can also catch me on Twitter, find me on Facebook or see me pinning away on Pinterest.

*waving* Bye, friends!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo