Friday, October 19, 2012

The Eyes Have It!




After sending John a communal Halloween care package that had baked goods (Dulce de Leche Marshmallow Bars, Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Bites, and Cake-Mix Pumpkin Cookies) and the very specific directions to share with his coworkers and friends, I made him a Halloween package that he could (mostly) keep for himself. (I told you I love holidays!)

It figures, even though I sent each package about a week apart, he received them back-to-back. But, so it goes.

This is my favorite package because one of my wonderful friends and coworkers, Fitz, supplied the felt eyes. On the worst week ever, when I was out of work for three days with an acute sinus infection, Fitz gave me my own care package-- a box filled with awesome stuff (stickers, patterned duct tape, nail polish, candy, cute Post-Its, and those fantastic felt eyes). It lifted my spirits like I-don't-know-what. Seeing those nifty, bloodshot, and slightly crazy felt eyes, I knew I just had to use them for a Halloween box!

I wrapped the inside of the box with Wally World gift wrap and decorated it with googly eyes, Fitz's felt eyes, and metallic markers. The outside (which I completely forgot to take a picture of), was wrapped in green "Enter if you Dare" caution tape and secured with boxing tape.


The contents were a whole amalgamation of things I've been picking up from WalMart, Five Below, the Dollar Tree, and Target.
  • Candy Corn M&Ms (Yes, such a glorious thing exists!)
  • Caramel Cremes
  • Halloween-patterned tissues (I'm sure John will love using those!) 
  • a light-up plastic jack o'lantern
  • a really weird gummy critters lollipop
  • a jack-be-little
  • dark chocolate M&Ms
  • ghost lollipops (and orders to share them) 
  • Frankenstein, bat, and mummy candy bars
  • pumpkin Pop Rocks
  • pumpkin-shaped Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
And my two favorite finds (pictured above)... light-up gummy skulls and eyeball lollipops!  (Really, how nifty are those things! So strange, yet so awesome!)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo