Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Box


Fall is John and my favorite time of the year. This year, of course, John won't get a chance to see the leaves change or go cheer on Penn State football in Beaver Stadium, so I wanted to mail him a little bit of autumn. 



This box was so much fun to shop for. I am addicted to the store Five Below (which, apparently, is a Mid-Atlantic states chain). For those of you who have never heard of Five Below, I am so sorry. It's a fantastic 5 and 10... but with items that don't necessarily look like they're from a 5 and 10. Nothing is over five dollars, and they have a diverse selection of items, including some bangin' seasonal stuff. 

I found the fall paper in the Target dollar bins. There's just something about getting cute, reasonably priced stuff for John's packages. It must be the thrill of the hunt!

My favorite items in the box are the Little Debbie's football brownies (which I had no clue existed before I saw them at Wal-Mart), pumpkin seeds, and old-timey Cracker Jacks. There's some instant apple cider and ginger snaps (which my mom always has on hand during the fall), football-shaped chocolates, an expanding washcloth in the shape of a football, football napkins and plates and a Steelers cup. Rachel found a toothbrush that looks like a Penn State football player diving for a football (which just happens to be the head of the toothbrush), which is extremely cute. And then, of course, there's candy corn-- one of our weird food vices.


I topped it off with Runner's World and some orange tissue paper. Usually I wrap each item so it takes John a little longer to go through the package and enjoy each surprise, but I didn't have any wrapping paper that wouldn't clash with the rest of the package. ...And then I realized that's a little ridiculous.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo