Friday, May 31, 2013

Jen's Music Selections

This week, we're having a red, white, and blue spangled celebration! I'm feeling particularly joyful and rah-rah-go-America since John will be home soon. But, because he'll be home soon, I've got tons of things that need to be done-- including quite a few trips across four states over the next two weeks. 

Of course, I didn't want to leave my wonderful readers and friends high and dry  I've got some amazing bloggers for you to meet! They're all awesome at what they do-- whether it's crafting, baking, cooking, creating-- and I'm positive you're going to love them!

Check out all of the Made in America Week posts here.

When it comes to Patriotism, America does everything but fall short from proudly showing our support for our troops, their families and our ever infamous Red, White and Blue American Flag. Tunes blare loudly across the country that thank our Military, boast about our freedom and gives so many a form of encouragement and way to express emotions based off what is or has taken place in their own lives.

Hi friends!! I'm Jen!! I blog over at Marine Wife, Mommy & Life. I have an addiction, one that has been with me for as long as I can remember. Music. All genres of music. From Opera to HipHop, Rock to Country, my CD collection is ginormous and my iPod could play for well over a month straight without ever repeating the same song.

Over a year ago I blogged about music that reminds me of our Military, their loved ones and patriotic tunes in general that you can view HERE.

Of course there are so many more, including several that I sadly forgot to mention and numerous new wonderful tunes that have been released since then!

My new favorite, Little Soldiers by: David Kroll (can read about him HERE) that is about our Military, their wives and their "Little Soldiers" while their loved one is off defending our Nation. Yes, I cried the first time I heard it, as hits home so well with my husband's impending deployment later this year.



Another favorite of mine isn't really a song, but a poem, written by a US Marine, SSGT Lawrence E. Dean II, after the attacks on our Nation on 11 Sept 01. A VERY strong message that never gets old listening to.


What Songs remind you of our Amazing Military Members, their loved ones and the Land of the Free & Home of the Brave?


Here are a few more of my personal Favorites. I hope you enjoy!




 God Bless Our Troops and those that Stand Beside Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo