Originally, I saw this idea on Pinterest (isn't that where everyone sees all of their new ideas?) and, after picking up a pack of 5x7 envelopes at Michael's on crazy sale, I made a Surprise a Day mini care package for John. A few days ago, John told me it finally got to him, so I can post this without ruining anything!
- 7 envelopes
- 7 different items that fit into envelopes
- Spread glue on the inside flap of one of your envelopes and glue it to the bottom of the front of another envelope. Repeat process until you have 7 envelopes
- Decorate the envelopes.
- Stuff each envelope with fun stuff!
Here's what I put in John's...
- Monday- a wallet-size photo of the two of us
- Tuesday- a print out of a world map with a dotted line connecting Maryland and Afghanistan (Dorky, I know. That's just how I roll.)
- Wednesday- a photobooth sticker from a date we went on a year ago
- Thursday- I redeemed a coupon that John gave me before he left. Well, I didn't actually redeem it yet. It's a request for redemption. If I remember correctly, it's for dinner at the first place we went on a date.
- Friday- a Penn State Blue Band postcard
- Saturday-I printed out Scrabble pieces, cut them out, and sent John a goofy, secret message.
Before you try this out for yourself, go here and like Jo, My Gosh! on Facebook! You know you want to!