Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Deliciousness

One of the best things about fall is pumpkin-flavored errrrrrything. On Monday, I spent all night making pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pie almonds. It was glorious and it got me out of the funk I was in. (I screwed up the almonds by misreading the recipe, so I'm not posting it here. However, I'm going to try it again, so keep a weather eye for a post about almonds in the near future.)



I found the recipe for these delicious and exceedingly easy cookies on Pinterest. You can follow the link to the original source, but I'm also copying it here. This is not my recipe, it's from Your Cup of Cake... and it's so awesome, I have nothing to add! It'll take you about 5 minutes to gather and mix the ingredients. The hardest thing is waiting for the cookies to finish baking and cool!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 15 oz Pumpkin Pie Mix
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Chocolate chips
  • Nuts (optional) 
Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix all ingredients together.
3.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are a little firm.

So there you go-- a recipe to celebrate a weekend in the fall! Enjoy!


post signature

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me! Keep in touch!

Best wishes always,
Jo